Life is like riding a bicycle, you don't fall off unless you stop pedalling...

Life is like riding a bicycle, you don't fall off unless you stop pedalling....

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Holy Treatments Batman!

About 6 weeks ago I started having ART, and Electrotherapy with my Chiropractor visits.
My new Doc is WONDERFUL! 
So I've never had these kind of treatments before, if you haven't had them....
let me tell you....don't hurt yourself~so you won't need them!

We start out with these heating pads that feel like molten lava.

Then on top of that wonderful-ness we add electrodes.

So, This is my view while my caboose is lit on fire, and 
is flexing involuntarily thru the surface of the sun heat.

For 30 minutes twice a week, I get hooked up
to this fabulous machine....


...that feels like this....



...and this....




Then the ART begins... :)
.......Not for the faint of heart......




He finds the gnarliest knot, digs in, then you flex....
and flex,
he digs in deeper, and yes...
you work the dang muscle some more....


Imagine my relief when he says, "ok, now flip on your stomach..."
you'd think a reprieve would be coming....
Yeah, well...that would be a BIG FAT NO!


Who knew that so many knots could create such a problem?! 
Muscles, Joints, Tendons, Insertions, OH MY!


All this leads to a fabulous ending every time,
a nice ocean jog! 






Thanks a bunch Dr. S for torturing helping me on 
my way back to health!

1 comment: