Life is like riding a bicycle, you don't fall off unless you stop pedalling...

Life is like riding a bicycle, you don't fall off unless you stop pedalling....

Saturday, August 24, 2013

Bike fit bliss!

Since I trained most of my early season on my lovely Orbea Orca, I completely neglected getting properly fit on my fab-u-lous Ordu. The hubbs made me aware of how 'scrunched' up I was, and put the bug in my ear about ERO Sports' Nate Koch.



So I've actually never had a formal bike fit before. Maybe I've gotten lucky, as I've mostly just whipped out a wrench and played with my seatpost...pure luck that its worked out, and I haven't injured my knees/hips/etc with my approach. Embarrassing...ignorance is bliss...or not. I tried the same approach with the Ordu as well...however it is a technical bike, and my knees have been killing me lately. SCARY!!!! The only sport I never have pain, was causing major concern!

before my fit, ouch.

Anyway, I set up an appointment with Nate...and made the trek up to the LA Velodrome to get my fit fixed on my insanely fast new bike. To say I was friggin stoked is a complete understatement. Seriously  excited.

A little background on Nate. He's the 2013 national team sprint champion, and headed to Rio for the 2016 Olympics. 100% dedicated to the sport, he's such an asset to bounce performance ideas off of! check out his website at TeamNater.com. His blogs are pretty neat read too!



EroSports (pronounced 'arrow' or 'aero') :) uses the Retul fit system. The technology is cutting edge and constantly being improved.
The process went so smoothly. He first has you ride your bike on a trainer and get warmed up, and attaches sensors to your right side to get a baseline measurement of the angles you are riding at...then sends you over to the Retul bike with his recommended corrections for performance and aero enhancement. If these are not completely comfortable for you, he adjusts them till they are the most comfortable....all the while you are trying out the adjustments, and pushing power for the computer camera so that in the end it will show you the angles that can optimize your strengths. All in all a very very cool, and informative 3 hours!












The company also keeps your measurements on their website for your future use! You can print them off, or if on vacation pull them up for a rental bike company! Awesome!
So I am so glad I finally bit the bullet and went in for a formal fit, since I had no idea what I was missing.



 The end resulted in 4.5cm up on my seatpost, and moving my saddle over 1 cm back! Crazy!!
Feels sooooo much better!!!

Schedule with Nate, at EROSPORTS.COM  Don't forget to tell him you're a friend of mine, he's running a very limited time special for my team mates and friends. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment